Brand advertising strategy analysis: A five-factor model is used to find the right brand advertising media. iResearch believes that reach, display, interaction, impression and insight are the five main factors influencing the effect of advertising media. The analysis of this model takes elevator advertising, OTT advertising, PC lock screen advertising and mobile APP open advertising as examples.
Trends: As mobile internet traffic growth is peaking, advertisers attach more importance to the deep integration of technology and content. They learn to evaluate the value of brand advertising using brand language, value their emotional resonance with users and empower brand marketing with rich experience through new technologies.
Changes in Brand Marketing Media Caused by Technology
With the development of information technology, users’ habits have changed and they have more diverse information channels. Correspondingly, advertisers’ demands are constantly changing. From the perspective of digital development history in China, advertising can be divided into four eras. In Era 1.0, traditional cable TV was the carrier. In this period, branding was the purpose of almost all ads. Then, with the wide use of the PC internet, advertising became trackable and quantifiable, and performance advertising began to appear. As smartphones became popular, mobile internet boomed and performance advertising on mobile devices developed gradually. Advertisers began to pursue the integration of branding and performance. They hoped that advertising products can achieve branding and performance goals at the same time. However, as mobile internet traffic peaks, advertisers who only focused on performance began to realize the importance of branding. The synergy between branding and performance has become the new The purpose of brand trend and advertising placement has diverse selections. The purpose of brand communication can be achieved by the collaboration of multiple terminals. Brands now attach more importance to reaching users in all scenarios and the whole lifecycle.
Comparison of Brand Marketing Power of Ads on Different Screens
The four types of screens have different marketing characteristics. Outdoor digital screen advertising mainly covers urban life. Its brand communication performance is good and its users generally have high consumption ability. However, the uncertainty of offline travel after the outbreak of Covid-19 leads to higher advertising communication risks of outdoor digital screens. Since OTT screen advertising can capture the attention of users at home, it targets household decision-makers. However, its users are older and have low consumption ability. Their conversion rate is low. PC screen advertising is mainly for working scenarios and entertainment scenarios. Users can click on PC screen advertising and interact. High-net-worth individuals whose monthly income is higher than 20001 yuan account for a high proportion. Mobilephone screen is omnipresent in modern social life. It has an extremely high user coverage and very sticky users. Its user behavior data can guarantee accurate ad placement. In addition, mobilephone has the highest penetration in teenagers.
Brand Advertising Industry Chain and Trends in Decision-making on Media
Promoted by technologies, advertising carriers are increasingly refined, interactive, and scenario-based. The synergy of brand and performance increases. Differentiated marketing characteristics and application scenarios are derived from various screen carriers, which makes decision-making on the placement value of carriers more and more important. Thus, media companies no longer play a major role in the decision-making of brand advertising. The way to select and make decisions on screens, products and even reach points, will gradually become the dominant factor in the placement of brand advertising. This will also contribute to the refinement of the industry chain’s placement path and role division.
China Brand Advertising Industry Map
Overview of Brand Advertising Effect Measurement Ideas
Before placement of brand ads, advertisers need to consider significant differences between screens for complementary placement, and rationally evaluate the effect of different advertising media. iResearch thinks when advertisers are evaluating the effect of brand advertising on different media, they need to take the following three aspects into consideration. First, the breadth and depth of brand communication, which is the level of reach, display and interaction of brand advertising media; Second, the data visualization capability of brand advertising media, namely the level of insight; Third, the influence of the advertising environment on user perception, that is, the level of leaving an impression.
These three aspects affect the communication level of the advertising media, communication effect evaluation and feedback, and brand communication impression, respectively. Thus, these five factors can be used as important references to measure the effectiveness of media.
Trends in Brand Advertising and Marketing in China
By the end of 2022, the number of monthly unique devices connected to the Internet reached 1389.69 million. In the past year, the growth rate of mobile Internet monthly unique devices in China grew by only 0.57% year-on-year. Internet giants represented by Tencent and Alibaba are under different degrees of performance pressure. Financial reports show that the net profit of Tencent and Alibaba in Q2 2022 fell by 56% and 53% year on year, respectively. Nowadays, as the Internet is omnipresent, traffic dividends no longer exist. Companies need to change the way they think and cope with stock competition. Demand of advertisers has been changing with time. In the mass media era, 4A creativity and production were the focus. In the Internet dividend period, emphasis was on effect and feedback. Nowadays, influenced by Covid-19 and peaking Internet traffic, advertisers should focus on brand building again, sticking to the long-term right thing.
Trends in Brand Advertising and Marketing in China
Advancement of brand marketing is closely related to technologies In the past, traditional marketing concepts lacked effective technical means. Advertising and marketing were mainly about brands unilaterally outputting content to users. In the age of digital marketing, technologies such as big data greatly improve the precision of brand marketing. Nowadays, at the beginning of metaverse marketing, emerging technologies also bring more possibilities to brand marketing. In addition, the improving VR/AR technology, deep application of AI, avatar IP, and so on, also help brands to make breakthroughs. New technologies can also empower terminal devices such as smartphones and PCs, extend marketing boundaries of existing devices, and enrich brand marketing experience.
Table of Contents of the Full Report
1. Overview of Branding in China
1) Overview of Branding in China
2) Analysis of Brand Shaping Paths
3) Brand Shaping Methods on Marketing Layer
4) Advertising Value Analysis
5) Changes in Brand Marketing Media Caused by Technology
2. Analysis of the Value of Chinese Brand Advertising Screens
1) Brand Advertising Carrier Categories
2) Analysis of User Scale of Brand Advertising Carriers
3) Analysis of Scenarios of Different Screens
4) Analysis of Time Periods of Different Screens
5) Analysis of Reach Frequency of Different Screens
6) Analysis of Advertising Impression of Different Screens
7) Analysis of User Profile of Different Screens
8) Brand Marketing Power of Advertising on Different Screens
9) Trends in the Change of Screen Carriers
10) Brand Advertising Industry Chain and Trends in Decision-making on Media
11) Brand Advertising Industry Map of China
3. Analysis of Brand Advertising Strategies in China
1) Overview of Brand Advertising Effect Measurement Ideas
2) Analysis of Reach of the Four Typical Advertising Forms
3) Analysis of Display of the Four Typical Advertising Forms
4) Analysis of Interaction of the Four Typical Advertising Forms
5) Analysis of Insight of Four Typical Advertising Forms
6) Analysis of Impression of the Four Typical Advertising Forms
7) Analysis of the Five-factor Evaluation Mode of the Four Typical Advertising Forms
8) Guide to Brand Advertising Placement in China
9) Case Study of Outdoor Digital Screen Advertising — Focus Media
10) Case Study of OTT Open Advertising —Xiaomi OTT
11) Case Study of PC Lock Screen advertising —360PC Lock Screen Picture
12) Case Study of Pop-up Advertising on Mobile Screens—Douyin TopView
4. Trends in Brand Advertising and Marketing in China
1) Trend one: Internet Traffic Growth is About to Stop and Brand Advertising Value Returns
2) Trend Two: Review Brand Advertising Evaluation Mechanism and Achieve Branding Through Multi-product Synergy
3) Trend Third: Value Interaction and Communication with Emotion at the Core
4) Trend Four: Technology Iteration Brings New Experience and Becomes a New Window of Brand Marketing